The Wednesday Morning Newsposted by Jon Williams
- Tom Glavine may have to retire due to an at least inflamed rotator cuff, an MRI did not reveal a significant tear. He will make a decision based on progress over the next two weeks and the advice of Doctor James Andrews.
- Scott Podsednik has agreed to a minor league deal with the Chicago White Sox. The Sox are in desperate need of a center fielder and leadoff man -- two roles which Podsednik has successfully filled in Chicago previously.
- The recently released Dallas McPherson has signed with the San Francisco Giants. His agent, Scott Boros, believes this is the place where McPherson is most likely to find major league success.
- Just as Chris Carpenter was making believers out of people concerning his comeback to full health he strains his rib-cage. He should be placed on the disabled list soon.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka lasted just 43 pitches before being pulled with what the Boston Red Sox are calling arm fatigue. Dice-K is currently expected to make his next start.
IF YOU LIKE IT, SHARE IT!